Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daisies, Daisies, Everywhere!

Spent the day making daisies....
I should have plenty for my wedding cake next weekend, but I always make extra because you just never know what might happen!

Daisy 2

The process is really quite simple.  Roll out the 50:50 gumpaste fondant mixture very thin.  Cut out flowers with a cutter (top left), use a ball tool to thin and curl the petals (top right).  After drying for a few hours in a flower former, I used mostly baking cups here, I added a small yellow fondant center (bottom).   The pattern was impressed with a fine cheese grater.  

Daisy 1

Why use flower formers, you ask?   Have you ever seen a totally flat flower?  This gives the flowers a little more realism.

Stay tuned for the finished wedding cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment