Hummus Stuffed Portobello Caps
6 small portobello mushroom caps, stems and ribs removed
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- The filling was prepared the day before the party.
- I also wiped the mushroom clean and removed the stems the day before and stored them in a paper bag in the refrigerator overnight.
- I purchased baby portobello mushrooms for this recipe. I doubled the filling and filled almost 30 mushrooms with TONS of filling left over! So either I purchased the wrong size mushrooms or somehow I didn't use enough filling.
- I tried the extra filling on some crackers the next day and it was a very tasty spread.
- These were very easy to make. I seared the mushrooms, allowed then to cool a bit, then filled them and kept them at room temperature (only about an hour) until I baked them.
- Best served hot.