Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Fruit & Nut Drops

I almost forgot the dessert I served at my Bite Size Party

A very simple dessert that can be made ahead.  Small discs of chocolate (your choice), pieces of slivered almond, pistachio, dried apricot, and dried cranberry.  I wasn’t happy with my first attempt…

P9250240 They didn’t look bad but I couldn’t get the temp of the chocolate right and they puddled too much and I just didn’t like how they looked.  So then I had a light bulb moment…candy wafers!

I knew that when I melt them on a plate for decorating chocolate molds they don’t lose their shape until you stir them, and they were just about the right size I needed, so I thought I’d give it a try.  It worked beautifully!  P9250243I just placed the wafers on parchment paper and microwaved then until just soft.  Immediately after removing I placed the fruit and nut pieces on each wafer.  Quick and easy!  I made some with milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate.  The combination of flavors in one bite work very well together and each chocolate tastes slightly different.  All you need is a fancy serving plate and they look very elegant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment